WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
We have an outstanding opportunity for an entry-level environmental engineer to support contaminated site investigation and remediation projects in the northeast and throughout the United States from our Woburn, Massachusetts office.
• Assist with the evaluation, selection, design, and implementation of site remedies involving soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water (in-situ and ex-situ), treatment of hazardous wastes, and site management and closure.
• Assist in the development and implementation of site investigation plans and feasibility, bench-scale, and pilot-scale studies.
• Record, evaluate, and interpret data, prepare reports and work plans, and provide analysis and interpretations of findings.
• Conduct environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, soil vapor, indoor air, waste streams, and building materials.
• Prepare environmental permits for air, water, and waste issues, including the implementation of remedial designs.
• Provide assistance in evaluation and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with clients and management.
• Ability to work as a team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience.
• Basic knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA, HSWA, CWA, and NEPA.
• Familiarity with the RI/FS process under CERCLA and the RFI/CMS process under RCRA is a plus.
• Some field work experience in environmental engineering through full-time, part-time, or internship position is a plus.
• Basic understanding of groundwater geochemistry and microbiology as they relate to in-situ remediation is preferred.
• Flexibility to travel via land and air to locations in the United States and Canada and work overtime when necessary with periodic extended field assignments for remediation oversight.
• Basic computer use and applications skills required, including MS Word and MS Excel.
Education and/or training:
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related discipline. Master's preferred.
• 0-2 years of experience.
• Certifications desired: Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification, OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training, DOT Training, CPR and First Aid Training, and other related environmental certifications.
WSP|PB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, paid vacation, and more.
WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website at NA.
WSP|PB uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity