|Job Ref:||techeng16||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£ 60,000 - £ 70,000 per year, Excellent package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 12:19|
Technical Engineering manager required for a leading Developer. Kent based, Salary £62- £70k plus excellent package. |
Our client is one of the nations leading developers known for delivering award winning residential and mixed use developments across the UK. Due to continued expansion they are currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager with Engineering background to report into the Area Technical and Associate Engineering Director working in the New Homes and Communities Division.
Working on specific new projects in Kent you will be working in a close knit and highly successful Technical team and liaising with the Construction Team, Commercial Team, Development and Design Departments as well as External Design Teams and Subcontractor Design Teams
Purpose of the position:
* Advise on engineering aspects of proposed site developments at Land acquisition, Planning, Design, Procurement and Construction stage. This is to include foul and stormwater drainage strategy, flood risk, levels, highway access etc and all structural proposals
* Review and advise on proposed earthworks strategy for cost efficiency including cut & fill.
* Assist in selection process of civil and structural consultants for detailed design work.
* Assist in procurement of external consultant services, eg geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations, land surveys, etc
* Review infrastructure and structural tender and construction drawings and other documents with particular emphasis on clarity of information and economy of design.
* Understanding of legislative framework relevant to engineering aspects of residential development, eg Water Industry Act, Highway Act, S38, S104, S278 Agreements etc
* Attend site for inspections with relevant authorities
* Advise internal and external development layout planners on matters relating to highway layout, eg horizontal and vertical alignment in accordance with highway standards whilst remaining compatible with our commercial requirements.
* Attend site when required to ensure required construction standards are being met and to advise on the rectification of infrastructure and structural defects during the construction process. Site attendance may also be required to assist in the rectification of customer defect matters after occupation.
* Advise internal departments on all engineering related matters as and when required.
* Attend internal and external DTM's and other meetings.
* Attend external meetings with various stakeholders and legislative bodies including Water Authorities, Planners, Highways Authorities and Environment Agency.
* Fully managing design procurement and construction interface of major infrastructure projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
* The candidate will need a minimum of 4 years experience in residential development within a developer or consultant engineer environment.
* They will also need experience of at least one major engineering infrastructure project associated with residential development from inception to completion. Classification of major project classed as residential developments of 500+ units.
* Preferred but not essential to have previous design experience
* Industry related qualification within a relevant UK professional body, Institution of Civil Engineers and/or Institution of Structural Engineers.
For more information please contact Nick Plumridge at Randstad Maidstone office ASAP.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Technical, residential, engineer, utilities, civil, ground works