|Job Ref:||VC82||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City Of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||13/10/2016 12:29|
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor - London|
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + package (car allowance - £6600 pa, commission, pension scheme, private healthcare, disability insurance)
My client, an established and successul fit-out contractor, is in need of a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
They are a main contractor to the commercial property industry undertaking CAT A and B fit-outs, refurbishments and dilapidations projects in the office and light industrial sectors. The scope of these projects can range from 500 to 100,000 sq ft office and light industrial refurbishments.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for overseeing a proportion of the commercial work in order to minimise the costs of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
* Reviewing contract documents, including bills of quantities and preliminaries.
* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
* Advising on procurement strategy.
* Financial controlling accountability.
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
* Preparing and analysing tender returns.
* Re-measuring projects insuring they match with the Estimators bill of quantities.
* Overview of sub-contractor accounts.
* Managing valuation and sub-contractor invoicing.
* Performing risk and value management and cost control.
* Liaising with professional teams, especially quantity/building surveyors.
Professional Skills & Experience:
* Ideally qualified chartered surveyor (RICS) or degree qualified.
* Demonstrate a solid track record of overseeing and delivering profitable commercial projects.
* Fit-out background, contracting or D&B.
* 5-10 years' experience working as QS on projects ranging from £80K-£2.5M.
* Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call Vassia in London on NA or submit your CV online!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.