Purpose of the Job
Responsible for assisting the Lead Contracts Administrator in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program.
- Ensure that commercial and contractual issues are dealt within the Project at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities
- Deputising for the Lead Contracts Administrator when requested and performing duties allocated by the Lead Contracts Administrator for the successful commercial management of the project to meet goals and objectives.
- Administer the contract in line with the terms and conditions highlight areas of risk, such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. as work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks.
- Monitor Contractors commercial contractual performance and supporting Area Contract Administrator/ Project Business Manager remedial actions.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognise and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Identify potential cost over-runs as soon as possible.
- Checking that the project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Checking that the contractors' subcontractor proposals are undertaken in accordance with the contract with particular reference to warranties and bonds.
- Checking that contemporaneous records are kept. Ensure correspondence, instructions, and communications are drafted in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and issued in accordance with the period of reply.
- Checking that records and data are kept up to date on the appropriate systems and trackers.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, knowledge of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.