GOAL To provide the highest possible standard of service to our customers and to be regarded as a world-class supplier in all aspects of our business!|
The main mission of the role as Customer Service Supervisor, will be to:
ENVIRONMENT/THINKING AND ACTION FRAMEWORK
- To ensure we provide customer excellence from receipt to completion of the customer order or request.
- Lead, support and train Customer Service Administrators (CSA) in UK
- Verify each CSA meets all customer demands and customer order processes are accordingly to procedures provided.
- The jobholder is expected to fully support and embrace the Client philosophy and ensure its thorough acceptance and integration.
- The jobholder is a member of the Customer Service Department of our client in the UK.
- The UK operation is a key-manufacturing unit for the direct manufacture of home and export product in addition to a growing resale operation. The jobholder must not only be experienced in the area of Customer Service but also have a broad understanding of the logistics and manufacturing process
- The UK manufacturing site supports domestic and export sales through Europe and Africa.
- The Customer Service Department deals primarily with providing satisfaction to our customers. A key tool for their aid is the SAP system. The jobholder is to be experienced in the use of SAP.
- The jobholder develops strong working relationships with Manufacturing, Warehousing, Sales Engineers, Sales Managers and Accounting. The prime objective is to ensure timely and efficient processing of customer orders and requests to satisfy the customers and internal department requirements whilst supporting the customer service team.
- Continuous improvement in the areas of customer service is a fundamental requirement of the position.
- The jobholder will have good communication and computer skills in order to communicate to all levels of management.
- The jobholder will liaise with all internal complimentary functions:
- Manufacturing, Purchasing, Warehousing, Sales and Marketing, Accounting
- External liaison is with customers and other members of our Client's Customer Service and Logistics team through Europe and Africa.
- The majority of activities performed by the Customer Service department are carried out using the SAP system and Lotus Notes.
- The detail behind the transactions can be found in the SAP training guides and in the Lotus Notes, QSI system.
- Support and fulfil all requests for assigned customers and/or area, and/or Sales Engineer.
- Receive and process all customer requests and orders from receipt to termination.
- Issue customer quotations as required, following authorisation levels and procedure time frames.
- Arrange opening of new customer accounts, (sales view and accounting view) within 24 hours from receipt of order or request.
- Ensure Customer Master Data in SAP and Data Bases are kept updated, entering specific customer data as required.
- Request creation of new product codes within 24 hours from receipt of order or request.
- Enter and progress customer orders via SAP and Customer Service procedures. CSA's are responsible to ensure the order dates confirmed to their customers are maintained.
- Enter and progress customer requests for samples, brochures and M.S.D.S.
- Enter and progress customer complaints, through QSI system, and SAP credit or debit procedure.
- Enter and maintain customer price lists in SAP.
- Filing of customer correspondence, quotations, orders, complaints, credit/debit notes. Maximum of one-year history to be held in Customer Service working area.
- Purchasing of Finished Goods from USA
- Arrange purchasing of selected finished goods from internal and external suppliers.
- Support, lead and motivate CSA's to achieve the objectives for company and department.
- Identify and recommend training needs to improve performance of CSA's.
- Support and continuously improve Key Performance Indicators as set for CSA's and the Customer Service Department.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Customer Services & Logistics Manager.
- Attend monthly Customer Service Meetings
- Attend monthly Quality Meetings
- Establish monthly coasting sessions with CSA's.
- Although most of the major activities of the position have been covered the functionality of the Customer Service department may mean that from time to time areas may need supplementing.
- Propose to the Customer Service & Logistics Manager any work which requires recognition (award, exceptional bonuses ...)