BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
BHP Billiton's vision is for its Global Accounting and Reporting team is to drive high standards for accurate and timely information and to provide continuous improvement support to the Finance function. The Analysis and Improvement (A&I) team is responsible for delivery of the following:
- Delivering a rigorous programme of Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence for the Finance function
- Deliver a Risk Partnering framework and collaborate with our assets and functions to achieve better risk outcomes
- Enable Business Partners to focus on driving value
- Deliver projects and FLT priorities to enable to the Finance function to secure Q1 performance
- Effectively transition Finance activity to the Global Asset Service centres (KL & TT)
- Maintain effective process Governance to ensure we never go backwards
VP Finance, Petroleum
VP Accounting and Reporting, Petroleum
Finance Business Partners, Petroleum
Accounting and Reporting team, Petroleum
A&I Finance team
The Principal Improvement will lead planning and execution of key continuous improvement priorities. Core accountabilities include:
- Identification, prioritization and execution of improvement opportunities across Finance that will deliver significant value for the organization.
- Understand sources of value and cost relevant to work in the region, use value driver trees and frame opportunities to maximise value.
- Collaborate within Finance and across the company to influence key decision-makers and drive an improvement agenda.
- Identify further opportunities for standardisation and system/process enablers. Engage with the A&I Process Governance team to prioritise, plan, and deliver improvements.
- Supports organization, cultural and innovation change for Finance.
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders and be proactive in a complex and fluid environment with strict timelines.
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams, leading/engaging and creating an environment of trust and collaboration amongst different teams.
- Achieving superior performance through structured and rigorous planning.
- Ability to problem solve and use creativity to arrive at solutions.
- Proven track record of successfully leading improvement projects with demonstrable improvement outcomes.
- Experience in developing value driver trees, valuation models and business cases.
- Should have knowledge of process improvement methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Startup and Change Management methodologies such as CAP, Prosci, ADKAR.
- Experience leading teams directly or indirectly.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer