Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40350799||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:06|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland as part of our Western Australian Iron Ore (WAIO) business. BHP Billiton celebrates and actively promotes diversity of thought at all levels and strictly adheres to a series of core values outlined in our Company Charter.
Reporting to the Superintendent Health, Safety and Environment you will be responsible for mitigating environmental risk and maintaining environmental legal compliance across one of our Pilbara site operations.
Key Accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management or Science (or equivalent).
- Environmental data analysis and reporting,
- Event investigation.
- Strong influencing and peer-peer coaching skills.
- Contractor supervision and safety management experience.
- Prepare government approval documents , government regulator consultation and reporting.
- Leading and/or supporting internal and external environmental audits.
- Project management and execution.
With this role you have the choice of either being residentially based in Newman or fly-in fly-out from Perth to one of our Pilbara mine sites on an 5/2, 4/3 roster. Our FIFO villages have a wide range of facilities and all rooms have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, watercourses and stunningly unique landscapes.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40350799
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.