|Job Ref:||786824||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Trinidad and Tobago||County/State:||-||City:||Trinidad and Tobago||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:06|
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
BHP Billiton Petroleum Trinidad and Tobago is currently seeking to hire a Warehouse and Inventory Lead.
Warehouse and Inventory Lead (W&I) - (Ref#786824)
The Warehouse & Inventory Lead is accountable for leading a team in multiple warehouse/inventory locations (onshore and offshore) which are spread across the country. The Lead is also accountable for managing vendors which hold BHP Billiton owned or consignment stock for Petroleum's Drilling and Completion, Production or Projects requirements. The Lead is responsible for overseeing all planning and execution of materials and the associated international/domestic freight. All work is to be done in accordance with the HSEC standards of BHP Billiton and aligned with our Charter Values.
-Lead, coach, and develop the Warehouse and Inventory team to optimize support of Production, Drilling and Completions, Logistics and Facilities activities.
-Promote and enforce company HSEC standards with contractors and 3rd party suppliers. Accountable for the HSE processes and execution across warehouses ensuring all activity is done safely and within regulation guideline
-Accepts accountability for performance management of their area and ensures quality of tasks, services and work of the teams under their leadership and guidance
-Influence stakeholder alignment on strategy, inventory forecasts, disposals, and day to day material strategies
-Provide necessary leadership that will ensure SAP processes are understood, valued and adhered to across the sub function
-Ensure compliance and lead improvement of operating standards across all W&I processes of receiving, issuing, storage, inventory optimization, disposals, etc.
-Interface closely with other Supply sub-functions to ensure effective communication and collaboration across teams
-Manage and monitor the warehouse management activities undertaken by direct reports, as well as leading teams of service contractors in a safe manner while minimizing risk and reducing costs
-Solve problems with materials availability through root cause analysis, identification of solutions and influence to change processes or behaviours
-Lead supply process improvement projects
-Develops the weekly plan, ensures the execution of the plan, monitors any variations from plan and makes decisions to recover variations
-Work with inventory owners and vendors to identify opportunities for stock rationalisation and / or vendor held stocking arrangements
- Ensure W&I plans meet forecasted requirements, taking into account estimated lead times for equipment and materials
- Ensure material movements within provided systems to ensure integrity and distribution of material expense
-Control inventory stock levels and critical spares to minimize costs associated with surpluses, slow mowing, obsolete and damaged materials
-Compliance with BHP Billiton Corporate, Warehouse and Inventory policies, and procedures and statutory requirements
-Manage the Hazardous Materials Register and Materials Safety Data Sheets per HSEC Plan
-Contribute to the evaluation, selection and management of suppliers and contractors
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
• Undergraduate degree in Materials and Logistics or relevant field
• 10+ years of Materials Management, inventory control, logistics and procurement experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas i industry
• 6+ years of experience leading teams in Logistics, Materials Management and Warehouse principles
• Knowledge of Dangerous Goods storage and transport requirements
• Knowledge of Materials Management, Inventory control, Purchasing and contracting practices within the BHP Billiton systems
• Knowledge of Production, Drilling & Completion and Midstream Oil & Gas materials and services and how BHP Billiton utilizes them
• Knowledge of offshore or onshore production facilities, drill rigs and support equipment
• Knowledge of how to interpret equipment manuals and drawings
• Computer skills commensurate with job responsibilities
• Strong HSEC record with knowledge of local regulations
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• BHP Billiton Charter Values - Sustainability, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Simplicity, Performance
• Stakeholder management and maintenance of key relationships
• Action Oriented with strong sense of urgency
• Ability to mentor
• Negotiation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Personal and interpersonal skills
• Able to lead by Example to peers and employees
At BHP Billiton Trinidad and Tobago, we take our commitment to the communities in which we operate very seriously and we are committed to doing business safely and sustainably. If you are looking to work with a talented and experienced team and grow with a great company, come join us at BHP Billiton Trinidad and Tobago. It's exactly where you want to be!
Applications close October 31 2016. To apply, enter the above position reference number at our website.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.