|Job Ref:||EMP376553||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a pro-active New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer at their site in Camberley, Surrey.|
Experience within a manufacturing/production environment working with composites, preferably on NPI projects for aerospace
To support the Business Unit to effectively manage, coordinate and control new product introductions enabling products to be manufactured in line with production methods and targets. The role will also encompass improvements to both the NPDI department and NPDI process via internal or external training and projects.
* Apply and implement the NPI process to achieve the agreed KPIs and deliverables
* Capture, asses, review and improve the build of pre production units to ensure the smooth and efficient entry into serial production
* Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and control plans
* Construct BOMS and set up routings in the ERP system
* Participate in Design reviews through each stage of the NPDI process and implement all agreed actions.
* Work in partnership and collaboration with all support functions to ensure smooth and efficient industrialization of new products
* Review and organise each NPI program to deploy current best practice
* Drive quality, efficiency and output across the plant, upholding the highest Health and Safety performance
* Meet customer delivery deadlines and optimise labour meet schedule
* Lead and drive change/continuous improvement initiatives across design as an on-going activity
* Ensure the NPI process (ZAP) is audit ready at all times and consistent to best practice