|Job Ref:||EMP376492||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our cabin interiors client undergoing a period of significant growth have a new opening for a Lead Certification Engineer with an interiors/seating background to join their facility in Crawley, West Sussex.|
Certification experience from within the aerospace sector, preferably as a CVE for an interiors/seating organisation.
• Lead a team of Certification Engineers to deliver a range of certification activities across multiple seating projects, Applications, New Product Development and Product Support.
• Check and Approve Certification documentation produced by the team of Certification Engineers
• Develop and maintain best practice certification processes and procedures
• Develop and maintain the Certification related sections of Design Handbook
• Develop, maintain and report Certification KPIs on a monthly basis and manage the team to achieve our targets set.
• Develop the skills of the Certification team through guidance, coaching, training and establish a baseline level of certification understanding in the entire Engineering team
• Work directly with the authorities, external (A)DOA and airframe manufactures to deliver acceptable Certification documents
• Ensure the design is carried out in accordance to the relevant Airframe Specifications
• Complete all required system design and certification activities in line with the programme and business requirements
• Provide certification NREs for bids and proposals – participate in bid phase design activity to minimise and simplify certification work
• Ensure Evaluate New Designs and Engineering Changes from a Certification point of view
• Represent Certification at project reviews ITCM, PDR, CDR. Drive project team to ensure proposed designs are developed to an appropriate maturity for the project review stage
• Investigate causes of undesirable project outcomes related to certification. Record lessons learned and implement corrective and preventative actions.
• Creating and developing test set-ups compliant with required use at both internal and external facilities
• Interpreting certification requirements that apply to the project or case in hand
• Keeping certification programmes to minimal risk levels with efficient use of resource and test articles
• Minimising the workload of the certification team for “repeat” baseline projects through lean processes, careful selection of tests/articles and standardisation of documentation
• Challenging the authorities where appropriate in order to agree on an efficient route through certification
• Working with the design data and guidance materials to produce good quality and compliant documentation
• Take responsibility of progress of technical publications documentations against project plan(s) to ensure documentations are available when expected and required by the customer
• Build strong relationships both internally, and externally with authorities, aircraft manufacturers, (A)DOA approved companies, suppliers and customers (operator)
• Working across the engineering and manufacturing divisions of the business to deliver Certification programmes in-line with engineering and production schedules
• Ensuring all design and repairs completed and products delivered meet the certification and continued airworthiness requirements, without compromise to airworthiness and/or safety.
• Minimising project risk by ensuring that certification activity is conducted at the appropriate time during the project.
Qualifications, knowledge & Experience:
• An engineering degree
• Demonstrable experience of writing and reviewing test plans, reports and qualification documents
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be computer literate
• Must work well using their initiative
• The ability to analyse and recommend a course of action and/or provide innovative solutions
• Experience in a mechanical engineering related field utilising CAD for product design engineering
• Must be able to make clear and unambiguous decisions, passing these on in situations of extreme pressure
• Must have the confidence and initiative to challenge others where necessary
• Perform compliance verification tasks in relation to certification as CVE (ref. (A)DOA handbook)
• Experience of authoring modification paperwork for an Aerospace application.
• Previous experience of working in an Aerospace qualification / certification / design role
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with Aerospace authorities and airframe manufacturers
• Experience of the certification process of aircraft cabin equipment
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of Aircraft Seating and the applicable regulatory guidance material
• Experience of working in a Technical Publications role within Aerospace manufacturer or operator
• Previous experience of resource and team management
• Previous experience as a CVE for a part 21 (A)DOA
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills