|Job Ref:||EMP376493||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Salary:||Negotiable||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our cabin interiors client undergoing a period of significant growth have a new opening for a Technical Publications Engineer to join their facility in Crawley, West Sussex.|
Experience of technical documentation within an aerospace role creating & amending CMM's, SB's, TR's, etc.
• Generation and delivery of Technical Publications documents to customers, including CMM’s, SB’s, SL’s and TR’s
• Point of contact for the customers and authorities for all technical documentation queries
• Manage publishing software tools required by the business.
• Co-ordinate the compilation and publishing of manufacturing instructions if required.
• Manage 3rd party internal / external resource in relation to Technical Publications documentations.
• Meeting the requirements of applicable ATA specifications
• Authoring and publishing documentation to high standards that serve the customer’s needs to service and maintainability of the seating product.
• Working with the design data and guidance materials to produce good quality and compliant documentation
• Take responsibility of progress of technical publications documentations against project plan(s) to ensure documentations are available when expected and required by the customer
• To ensure existing CMM’s are maintained, revision controlled and communicated with our customers in a timely manner.
• Build strong relationships both internally and externally with all relevant parties including but not limited to engineering, production, quality assurance, customers, suppliers, aircraft manufacturers, external (A)DOA organisations
• Understand the product limitations based on airworthiness, certification basis and/or design, and ensure the documentations generated are a true representation of these limitations
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
• An engineering degree/HND or HNC
• Previous experiencing of working in a Technical Publications Role
• Knowledge of various document format types such as SGML, XML, etc.
• Experience of authoring a complex product publication with both Mechanical and electrical components.
• Must have a good knowledge of publishing software and tools.
• Must have used CAD images to aid authoring of publications.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must work well under their own initiative.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have the confidence and initiative to work with authorities and customers as a technical focal.
• Understand ATA requirements applicable to role
• Experience of working in a Technical Publications role within Aerospace manufacturer or operator.
• Experience of authoring modification paperwork for an Aerospace application.
• Understanding of certification requirements and airworthiness limitations