|Job Ref:||EMP376585||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Highways & Transport||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||Address:||Salary:||£ Competitive||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
The post engages with developers, designers and their contractors to develop and deliver funded highway schemes and new infrastructure arising through the planning process.|
The role will involve -
To assist with the Advance Payments Code being implemented through the calculation of the appointment figures required for the 220 notice.
To project mange the implementation of small to medium sized highway works schemes arising from development proposals. On larger schemes to assist the Engineer in the implementation of highway works. This includes local consultations and discussions with stakeholders, calculation of work deposits and inspection fees, technical checks under the guidance of the Senior Engineer to ensure compliance with Essex Highways practices, Design manual for Roads and Bridges etc, preparation and checking of bills of quantity under the guidance and inspection of construction where appropriate, inspections to ensure that development related improvement works comply with approved drawings and that works comply with NRSWA 1991 and TMA 2004 requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• HNC, A-level education or equivalent qualification, or experience in highways.
• Membership of or working towards a relevant Professional Institution is desirable including evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, managing the design and implementation of highway schemes including statutory processes involved with these activities.
• Knowledge of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes;
• Experience of dealing with Members and the public.