Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.|
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The main responsibilities of the AOW Sales Manager are as follows:
To be focussed on the creation, identification, development and winning of new profitable business opportunities for the AOW UK Domestic Sector.
Key programmes to be captured include SP Obsolescence, FVSHORADS, Precision Strike, ADAPT continuation and future ADAPT.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To develop new business opportunities in the VSHORAD and GBAD market for the sector and convert to a profitable sale that will ensure achievement, or better, of the Sector budgeted order intake.
- To take the lead in closing the deal with Customer, within Thales and with other stakeholders
- To identify and manage key customer relationships.
- Develop best possible relationships & capture plans with all stakeholders (customers, partners and key suppliers) for all AOW UK activities.
- To ensure prospect reviews, price to win, proposal reviews are conducted in accordance with company proceedures and with a high standard of quality.
- To ensure competitor inteiegence is up to date and of a standard to influence our campaigns.
- To actively work with the Strategy and Marketing team, the Segment management team and existing/potential Customers to develop solutions which meet customer’s key user requirements and budget aspirations, but which represent sound business prospects for the business.
- To actively contribute to the sales and marketing strategies in order to create sustainable growth
- To actively contribute in the preparation of the SBP, MYB and the formulation of associated plans and strategies for the Segment.
- To work closely with the Communications team to maximise the Political and PR Communications messages for the Sector and enhance awareness and promotion in conjunction with Thales Corporate, Global exhibitions, conferences and Industrial bodies
- To comply with company processes (Chorus 2.0), UK and International laws
- A deep understanding of VSHORADS and MOD doctrinal thinking.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Good negotiator and deal closer
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills and written presentation / report writing skills being developed to Board-level.
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to solving complex problems with informed, timely decision making whilst maintaining integrity and transparency
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Business Development & Sales professional who has at least 15years experience in the FVSHORAD and GBAD domain and having achieved a rank of at least Major.
- An effective team player who can interface at all levels within the organisation and who can operate successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge and experience of UK MOD acquisition strategy and processes
- Specific and relevant market knowledge of the global aerospace and GBAD market with an understanding of its primary drivers, stakeholders and competitors.
- Understanding of the UK Ground Based Air Defence Operations, Customer and Industrial environment.
- Proven stakeholder management of customers both external and internal to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- A track record of creating, developing and winning bids
- Knowledge of the wider C4ISTAR Operations, Customer and Industrial environment.
- Experience of working within multi-national organisations and teams in a Business Capture role.
- Experience in the capture of both equipment and service-based opportunities
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in a technical or related business subject.
- A sales and marketing qualification or equivalent would be advantageous.