AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS, a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which, will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.|
Join Aquila as a Finance Assistant where you wll provide a complete day-to-day service of the SAGE Financial System, from managing the financial input through to running and controlling the financial month end and year end processes on SAGE.
Day to Day Financial System Management:
- Provide guidance and support to the ledger input clerks in all aspects of their work
- Maintain a strong degree of financial control over all inputs into the financial system, challenging financial entries if they appear incorrect or inappropriate
- Liaise closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure purchase invoices are following the correct process, while proactively managing invoicing issues early
- Analyse and input the data into the financial system, where the inputs are complex or require the Ledger Managers business oversight
- Provide financial reports as necessary to others in finance such as Sales ledger to ensure a strong credit control approach is maintained by AQUILA.
- Respond to all relevant issues arising from either interim or annual audit, and update processes accordingly, communicating updates across AQUILA.
Monthly Ledger Routine:
- Provide monthly reconciliations of all the major ledgers – sales, purchase & VAT ledgers, and provide analysis of suspense items allowing journals to be made in the financial system
- Carry out nominal account reconciliations in support of the Financial Controller’s month end financial reviews in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the monthly & annual closure routines of all ledgers to ensure timely and accurate closure of the financials at each period end.
- Run month end SAGE reports as required;
- Provide improvement proposals to the month-end process.
Systems & Process Support & Development:
- Liaise with Aquila’s IT dept and / or its external system support providers on systems issues. Ensure they provide a timely resolution to all of Aquila’s SAGE system issues
- Work with the IT department in longer-term system developments for SAGE and related products e.g. system module add-ons (standard and bespoke), enhance the reporting from SAGE, and the development of in- house modules (timesheets and expense processing
- Work closely with the Finance department in the design, development and implementation of all new financial processes and procedures, ensuring they are accurately embedded into the SAGE environment.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Experience of large and small business/financial systems
- Good working knowledge of financial accounting, double entry, account reconciliation etc.
- Experience in the Engineering sector would be an advantage but not essential.
- Results-orientated, with the ability to reach a valid solution despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Flexible with the ability to adapt in your work programme to deal with ad hoc issues as they arise