Thales’s expert teams develop solutions that provide sophisticated real-time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon-to-horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over 9 million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next-generation airborne security radars, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in informing and enabling critical decisions.|
As the Regulatory Compliance Manager for the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Regulatory Compliance Organisation (RCO) based at Crawley, you’ll be working on assigned projects, maintenance of compliance matrices and expositions for assigned projects and approved organisations, horizon scanning for changes in regulation and maintenance of regulatory baselines, corrective action management and management of regulatory applications for Alternative Agreed Means of Compliance, Waivers.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Maintaining a list of Approved Organizations and associated projects subject to regulatory compliance.
- Supporting contract reviews for the purpose of understanding any regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance baselines for Approved Organizations and associated projects.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of Expositions and Compliance Matrices for Approved Organizations and associated projects.
- Reviewing Approved Organization and project regulatory compliance documentation including Expositions and Compliance Matrices.
- Supporting Approved Organization and associated project applications for Waivers, Alternative Acceptable Means of Compliance and Exemptions in accordance with the applicable Organization Exposition instructions.
- Supporting regulatory compliance audits of Approved Organizations and applicable projects.
- Supporting Corrective Action Requirement (CAR) closure activities for CARs relating to Regulatory Compliance.
- Documenting knowledge of the company’s regulatory compliance responsibilities and liabilities.
- Maintaining a regulatory compliance documentation library.
- “Horizon scanning” for applicable changes in regulation, standards and legislation and notification to affected parts of the organization
- Maintaining an understanding of the regulatory compliance processes used by Approved Organizations and associated projects.
- Supporting development of processes and other documentation related to regulatory compliance.
- You will be an experienced compliance manager, coming from an engineering industry
- Understanding of aerospace regulations - civil and military
- Desirable to have a quality assurance and/or auditing background
- Good communicator with influencing and persuasion skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and improve on the standard
- Ready and willing to respond to a change in direction to keep things moving forward
- Team Player with good self and other awareness
- Strong disciplined approach to process
- An ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines.
- Good decision and problem solving skills.
To play a key role in the safety of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now.