This position provides administrative assistant support to several Executives within Tyco Retail Solutions. The successful candidate is self-directed and possesses excellent attention to detail, organization, and communication skills, and who is comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. |
Required job skills:
- Schedules internal and external meetings – oftentimes across time zones - including conference calls, videoconferences and webinars; coordinates meeting materials, agendas, and necessary logistics; manages and maintains calendars. This role involves a high volume of calendar management and scheduling activity.
- Coordinates and manages domestic and international travel arrangements, prepares travel itineraries and prepares/submits expense reports.
- Composes and prepares correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Prepares and edits presentations, communications, spreadsheets and databases using the MS Office suite.
- Reviews and prioritizes phone calls, correspondence and items for signature to determine significance; directs matters to appropriate individuals and handles routine matters independently.
- Coordinates work through available resources such as other assistants, functions and support groups.
- Takes initiative to follow-up on pending action items.
Education and experience
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with the ability to multi-task and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Strong customer service with a high attention to detail; high say-do ratio, and extremely responsive
- Strong business aptitude with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet project deadlines
- Experience working with global colleagues, in multiple time zones
- Ability to interface well with individuals at every level in the organization
- Must be a team player with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must consistently demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and discretion
- High-level of proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) – ability to format executive level presentations
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, plus the ability to use discretion with regard to confidential matters
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work overtime on occasion as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 8 years of experience providing support to senior leadership in a global, matrixed environment.