|Job Ref:||1619433||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Manitoba||City:||Winnipeg||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:08|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
About the role
We are currently looking for a Suppression Technician to join our Winnipeg, MB district office.
• Perform routine inspection and testing activities on various fire extinguishers, fire hose and emergency lights
• Perform inspections for portable fire protection and Emergency lighting systems to NFPA standards
• Perform installations and inspections of Kitchen Hood systems and Special Hazard Suppression systems
• Evaluate and generate a report of inspection including any deficiencies that may require rectification
• Responsible for meeting customers' expectations while performing quality inspections
• Properly complete all reports, such as, mileage and monthly vehicle reports, as well as, the maintaining of adequate inventory levels within assigned inspection vehicles in like new condition
• Professionally interact with customers on a day-to-day basis
Rewards & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for
• Previous experience in the Fire Protection industry preferred
• Completion of High School diploma or equivalency
• A valid motor vehicle license is required
• Knowledge of NFPA standards and dangerous goods an asset
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and basic computer knowledge
• Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to work in restricted areas and adept at manoeuvring ladders
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service
• Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers