|Job Ref:||1619419||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Renfrewshire||City:||Renfrew||Address:||Post Code:||PA4||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:10|
GMI, Gas measurement Instruments is a division of our global business Johnson Controls. |
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
BUILD AND ASSEMBLY OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, ELECTRO/MECHANICAL SUB-ASSEMBLIES THROUGH VARIOUS PROCESS STAGES INTO FINISHED GOODS. WORKING TO DEFINED BUILD/TEST PROCESSES AND STANDARDS, ENSURING GOOD QUALITY PRODUCTS ARE DELIVERED ON TIME AS PER PRODUCTION SCHEDULE.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POSITION
To provide build, assembly and test of finished goods within the Production Department. Specifically, to:
- Assemble products in accordance with build processes, drawings and parts list.
- Maintain quality products by following build/test procedures and standards
- Record relevant data required from build/test processes
- Be flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given
- Assist Quality/Production teams with continuous improvement projects
- Provide timely feedback to a Supervisor regarding production issues/concerns.
- Work safely and comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable job/task as and when required.
Describe the total skills required in terms of formal education and work-related experience necessary to perform satisfactorily the duties of the position. Education should be defined as the minimum level necessary; this education may have been acquired through formal study. Experience should describe the length of time typically required to learn to perform the duties effectively.
Good manual dexterity.
Strong hand eye co-ordination
Capable of producing consistent work standards to quality needs.
Ability to operate various assembly tools.
Ability to perform hand soldering.
Able to interpret and work using drawings, process documents and work instructions.
Basic understanding of quality control methods through data collection.