LEGAL COUNSEL TO SUPPORT DATA PRIVACY|
AND OTHER CORPORATE FUNCTIONS
This position is for a data privacy attorney to provide legal support to certain corporate functions, including Human Resources, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, and Services. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising a cross-functional team on data privacy issues including those related to data transfers, the EU Regulation, and works councils.
- Managing outside counsel for data privacy issues.
- Providing legal support to Purchasing for the drafting and negotiation of contracts for the purchase of products and services by HDS including the negotiation of privacy provisions.
- Providing legal support to Sales for the drafting and negotiation of contracts including the negotiation of privacy provisions.
- Providing legal support to Marketing including reviewing press releases.
- Advising on general corporate ethics and compliance issues.
- Provide legal support to other departments as required.
The following are essential requirements for the role:
- Law degree with bar admission.
- Minimum five years' relevant legal experience supporting business, preferably in the IT industry.
- Privacy and intellectual property law knowledge.
- Anti-bribery/anti-corruption law knowledge (e.g., FCPA, OECD Conventions).
- Business-oriented, practical approach, rather than pure legal technical ability; the capacity to business partner with a diverse group of internal clients.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain standard of integrity within the legal department.
- Strong team player with the ability to work cooperatively with other attorneys on a global basis to produce results and support the business.