What is the purpose of this role?
To repair all types of plant and equipment when required.
What makes this role unique?
You will have responsibility for cost effectively maintaining and repairing all required vehicles and equipment.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure the first time repair of vehicles and equipment and that a cost effective repair is carried out and within budget
- Ensure that all documentation, Work Orders, service sheets are completed and returned to the workshop office for approval, signature and filing
- Ensure that all tooling and equipment used complies with current legislation and certification
- Maintenance of a tidy bench and working area
- Ensure that all aspects of health and Safety are adhered to and that the QA policy is understood
- Maintain an up to date competency for the effective repair of vehicles
- None conformances at QA audits
- To work safely both individually or with others
PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Safety Boots
- Reflective Jackets and trousers
- Safety Helmet
What are we looking for?
- Educated to City and Guilds or NVQ levels as appropriate
- To be trained to City and Guilds or NVQ level in the repair of vehicles and equipment
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Tidy and organised
- Manual Handling
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Abrasive wheels