|Job Ref:||HATR33||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 25 - £ 28 per hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 00:23|
Benefits and Housing Needs Team Leader |
Are you an experienced team leader who has managed teams of at least 10 people? Are you looking for a new opportunity with an exciting north London borough? Then look no further as my client is looking to appoint a contractor for an initial 3 month period (with a view to extend) paying up to £27 an hour, the client may be willing to negotiate for the suitable candidate.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
* To have the overall management responsibility for a designated team of officers, providing a range of benefits and housing needs functions as specified by the Operations Manager and in accordance with the Revenues and Benefits business plan and the Benefits and Housing Needs service plan
* Contribute toward developing and implementing the Council's strategy for homelessness and prevention, housing and allocations, overcrowding; financial inclusion and reducing worklessness and poverty.
* Ensuring the accurate and timely payment of Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction to all those in the borough that are entitled to financial support to pay their rent and Council Tax in line with legislation. The consideration of revisions of decisions and appeals. Administering discretionary awards and payments. Appearance at Tribunal as appropriate.
* Management and maintenance of temporary accommodation ensuring health and safety requirements are met at all times. Resettlement and move on to settled accommodation.
* Financial administration and income maximisation functions within Housing Needs, and promote high standards of financial probity. Identify opportunities to contain and reduce expenditure and deliver services more efficiently
The suitable candidate will have experience of managing a team of at least 10 people and will also have knowledge of voids and lettings. If you feel this role may be for you please submit your CV or contact Harry on NA
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.