Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Equipment Tech - Mechanic within our Permian Resources South Texas group based in McAllen. |
As an OXY USA Inc. Mechanic, you are responsible for ensuring that all Compression targets such as cost, throughput and uptime are met. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement changes in hardware configuration as recommended by Rotating Equipment Specialist or Compressor Team Leader (Engineering).
- Work cooperatively with the Rotating Equipment Specialist and Engineering to assure that accurate models are maintained of our compression systems.
- Gathering Field Performance/Configuration Data.
- Reviewing Analyst Reports/Models and working with Rotating Equipment Specialist to resolve inconsistencies.
- Testing equipment performance versus prediction for optimization recommendations.
- Coordinate the field execution of Capital/Expense Projects.
- Assurance that Compressor Projects are maintained on schedule and that no changes to scope are initiated without proper review/approval.
- Initiate Management of Change Documentation and train support staff on the impact of changes.
- Initiate and validate MAXIMO changes to ensure that spare parts and maintenance plans are in place along with all proper documentation.
- Maintain equipment documentation.
- Maintain databases such as: Valve recessions, Head changes, Overhauls and Change outs, Clearance pocket positions, Compressor valve modifications or updates, Fan pitch, etc.
- Initiate, review, validate, and update procedures for rotating equipment.
- Work with the Production Coordinators, Rotating Equipment Specialist and Engineering to identify compression opportunities.
- May have to relieve for the Compression supervisor.
- Review weekly compression reports for deficiencies to be addressed with compression team.
- Assist Supervisor to maintain the balance of the department workload.
- Provide commitment to excellence, along with a genuine desire to deliver world-class results.
- Assist Maintenance Group as required.
- Ensure Compliance with all regulatory tasks.
- Install and align fluid movement pumps.
- Troubleshoot and repair single stage pumps, multi-stage pumps, centrifugal pumps, air cooler fans and hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair Waukesha and Caterpillar 350 to 1400 Horsepower reciprocating gas engines with Ariel or Joy compressors.
- Troubleshoot and replace mechanical seals on pumps, bearings, compression and fuel valves in reciprocating compressors, fan variable pitch assemblies.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors.
- Check and adjust speed control governors on turbines and compressors.
- Replace and install gearboxes.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Diagnose and apply results using micrometer.
- Diagnose and apply results using alignment tools for power-driven connections (i.e., reverse dial indicator).
- Diagnose and apply results to electronic ignition systems, control sensors and shutdowns.
- Diagnose and make repairs to control panels, both pneumatic and electronic systems
- Strong computer proficiency
- Willingness to do the following:
- Support Company's drug-free work environment
- Work an 5/2, 8/4 - 7/2, 8/6 schedules equaling 80 hours per two week pay period
- Work in small, confined places
- Work on high platforms and to walk up and down steps
- Walk on high elevation grating
- Promptly attend to all critical alarms or mechanical upsets
- Actively participate in weekly work schedule coordination meetings and assist with developing workloads
- Work in a versatile, multi-skilled team work environment
- Serve as a member of an emergency response team.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years as a mechanic or Trade School with 3 years' field experience. Compression modeling experience is required.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status