The Reservoir Engineer Advisor is required to support the future development potential in Block 9. The Reservoir Engineer Advisor will provide reservoir engineering support for Wadi Latham RMT in the areas of reservoir management, development, and reserves. The Reservoir Engineer Advisor will work closely with geoscientists to develop and evaluate opportunities to conduct well intervention, drilling opportunities, field optimization strategies, data acquisition, depletion options in under-developed parts of existing fields, and development of new fields. Other responsibilities include developing production forecasts, budget preparation and reserves estimation.|
The Reservoir Engineer Advisor responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Identify and evaluate field development opportunities and formulate FDP's for B9 fields.
- Evaluate/optimize the ongoing depletion plans and identify new opportunities.
- Contribute to preparation of technical documentation for various subsurface projects.
- Propose data acquisition plans to enhance the reservoir characterization.
- Identify projects (drilling, compression, artificial lift, debottlenecking, and workovers) to maximize production and reserves additions.
- Develop production forecasts, budget estimates, and estimate reserves.
- Support operations, facilities projects and workover activities.
- Support reservoir simulation studies.
- Participate in various planning activities including reserves update, budget process, and capital post audits.
- Prepare and participate in various technical presentations for Oxy management, partners, and government.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- A minimum of 14 years of Reservoir Engineering experience.
- Experience in classical reservoir engineering methods is required.
- Experience in reserves estimation and reserves booking is required.
- Experience in project development and reservoir management is desirable.
- Experience in reservoir simulation modeling is desirable.
- Experience in corporate planning is desirable.
- Economic evaluation skills; experience using PEEP is desirable.