Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||178759||Employer:||Bechtel||Industry:||Environmental||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Shamokin Dam||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 01:02|
Requisition ID: |
Provides and/or monitors the medical and first-aid treatment programs on projects or facilities. Performs nursing duties in accordance with medical directives approved by the consulting physician and local governing agencies.
LVN / LPN or RN with two or more years prior practicing nursing experience, including previous and related experience in the construction field.
- Administers first aid treatment to injured or ill personnel and renders subsequent follow-up treatment as needed.
- Evaluates injuries and/or illnesses which require the services of a physician or hospital and makes referrals as necessary.
- Responds to emergency situations and provides treatment accordingly. - Dispenses medication in accordance with project medical directives.
- Performs primary and secondary observations and assists in the administering of drug and alcohol programs.
- Establishes and maintains first aid/medical records and prepares related reports as defined in applicable core process.
- Purchases and maintains appropriate inventory of first aid and medical equipment.
- Participates with supervisor in medical/first aid personnel planning. - Directs and trains the First Aid/Rescue Team.
- AA/AS degree and3 years of directly related experience OR 5+ years of practical experience.
- Licensed as a LVN / LPN / RNin the State ofOhio or current license in compact state.
- Basic life support qualifications required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in occupational health.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in medical reporting and record keeping requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience handling emergency situations.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with Workers Compensation Insurer.
- Basic computer programs such as Word, Excel and Access.
- The right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Certification in occupational health nursing preferred.
- Prior experience in occupational health nursing, emergency room, intensive care unit, or coronary care unit.
- Knowledge of establishing and organizing a first aid/emergency treatment facility.
- Experience in organizing and training first-aid rescue teams.
-Previous Bechtel experience on power projects.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.