Requisition ID: |
Responsible for supervising and conducting field surveys for a tunnel construction project.
Basic Qualifications: (Candidate must meet all Basic Qualifications to be considered)
- Design and set survey control monuments
- Conduct precise control surveys using Trimble GPS and total station instruments for construction surveys
- Conduct precise level surveys using Trimble digital levels for tunnel benchmarks
- Conduct precise level surveys using Trimble digital levels for instruments that require elevation monitoring
- Conduct terrestrial scanning surveys
- Conduct tunnel construction surveys
- Conduct tunnel monitoring surveys
- Implement quality control procedures
- Implement project safety and environmental programs
- Provide technical survey support for tunnel construction and engineering teams
- Perform survey calculations and least square's adjustments for control surveys
- Perform or organize the completion of survey calculations for various tunnel survey applications
- Supervise tunnel survey crews
- Prepare survey documents and records as required such as work orders, technical reports, and data lists
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and extended hours to meet project goals and requirements
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of current industry quality construction procedures and standards.
- Candidate must have a degree in geomatics or equivalent training.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in surveying tunnels.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in precision construction surveying.
- Candidate must be proficient with GPS, Least Square Adjustment, and other applicable survey software.
- Must be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.