|Job Ref:||CA_39027||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Post Date:||14/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
Jobholders of roles covered by the Multi Skilled Supervisor – Electrical Bias profile have a requirement to have or be in the position to qualify for EngTech Accreditation to a professional body.
The Multi Skilled Supervisor – Electrical Bias will deliver a combination of primarily electrical skill sets, and basic mechanical, water and building fabric planned, reactive and extra works within engineering across either Satic, mobile or a regional / multiple client sites, specialising in Electrical based disciplines; ensuring Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
Health, Safety and Environmental
• Direction of all H&S requirements and an active member of SAG activities.
• Work safely, ensuring the safety and well being of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Responsible for the control and issue of SSOW and change control documentation
• Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant records (paper and electronic) are completed and submitted in an accurate timely manner.
• Accountable for the operation and control of SSOW operating procedures for complex or critical infrastructure
• Ensures communication of Health and Safety alerts and Tool Box Talks to teams. Provide support and guidance to team members that do not understand information received.
• Ensures that you have the appropriate skills, training and equipment to perform your role.
• To support the activity of specialist service partners, delivering services on behalf of the company; ensuring all health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to. Including, but not limited to, ensuring adequate safe system of works are complied with, complete task specific risk assessments when required and carry out Point of Work risk assessments for all activities
• Ensure all required personal protective equipment is utilised and worn at all appropriate times
• Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values
• Chair and participate in Team Talks and Safety Action groups.
• Delivers a customer experience in line with objectives and customer experience plans.
• Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility
• Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience
• Accountable for all elements of SLA and KPI delivery
• Perform all work to specification meeting the required standards.
• Take full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled planned maintenance, repair and improvements.
• Install new plant and equipment when required
• Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant.
• Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings.
• Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas.
• Communicate with the Engineering Departments when support is required to ensure all tasks can be achieved within prescribed requirements.
• Identify extra work requirements and provide details of required material and labour estimate to enable client quotes to be issued
• Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying opportunities to reduce costs, travel and waste
• Meets or exceeds operational and performance targets
• Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained
• Adaptable to flexible working patterns, when required
• Demonstrates a willingness to attend training courses in order to develop further and actively encourages the development of team members
Additional Role Information
This position is Site Supervisor for the National Offender Management Service contract, based at Send. The Site Supervisor will report directly to the Site Manager. The Site Supervisor needs to be either Electrical or Mechanical bias. Security vetting is required.