|Job Ref:||204791466||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£30000 - £42500/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:07|
Our client is one of the most reputable house builders in the UK, looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their well-established Yorkshire office. You will be assisting the construction of 2-3 housing sites, of varying sizes from (Apply online only) plots. This position would be a great opportunity for a confident Assistant Quantity Surveyor to step up into an Intermediate role, or for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to come in and develop their existing skills by working for a top tier developer.|
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years experience post qualification working on new build housing projects. Salary and package is negotiable for the right candidate.
Duties will include:
• Preparing, settling and agreeing monthly valuations and final accounts.
• Monitor and control of cash flow.
• Procurement of labour.
• Sub-contractor procurement.
• Procurement of materials.
• Placing orders and negotiating terms to achieve the most profitable outcome for the company and the best possible lead time.
• Subcontractor payments.
• Report on savings and excesses against budgeted cost on a bi-monthly basis.
• Must have 5 years post qualification experience in a Quantity Surveyor role working for a Residential main contractor/developer.
• Have a sound knowledge of construction methods and processes, a solid understanding of construction materials and their value.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
• IT literate and confident using Microsoft packages, Coins experience advantageous.
• Full UK driving license