|Job Ref:||204791400||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:07|
Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
Salary: 20,000 - £25,000
Our client is a reputable Main Contractor. They have built a strong reputation for the quality of their work and work closely with their clients to ensure all their needs are met. They work on both Traditional and Design & Build contracts, with a dedicated in house design team. Due to a significant increase in their workload they have recently opened a new office in Leeds. Their projects include the construction and refurbishment of Educational/Commercial/Retail properties.
They are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with 2 years experience, who ideally would be looking to progress within a year.
• Estimation/Quantity Surveying
• Provide cost estimates
• Carry out and provide accurate measure, costing and working within budget and margins
• Experience in applying cost coding
• Monthly cost reporting
• Provide post contract work through managing subcontractors and claims
• Measurement of variation works
• Work in association with Project Managers and Site Managers to ensure contract requirements and deadlines are met
• Work within the team to ensure delivery of requirements and all work meets required standards
• Ensure all paperwork for project is kept up to date
• Eventually the successful applicant will be commercial manager.
• Enthusiastic / Hard working and Knowledgeable
• Thorough with attention to detail
• BSc in Quantity Surveying (2:1 or above) or relevant degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
• Willingness to travel to various locations as job may require occasionally, travel expenses would be paid