|Job Ref:||204790313||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Linsco Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer in Edinburgh,|
The key responsibilities for this role are
* Purchase materials and the hire of plant to achieve best value within the agreed timescales, to support the project teams.
* Compliance and achievement of divisional initiatives and best practice.
* Compliance of procedures and processes.
* Procure in line with the time scales as denoted on material requisitions.
* Be proactive in the procurement strategy of projects. Target 80% of spend using National Agreements.
* Provide technical and proactive support and advice to the Pre-Construction and Construction Teams in all material matter.
* Accuracy and completeness of order documentation and quantities
* Awareness of price fluctuations and material availability in the market place.
* Awareness of rates and prices reflecting the site constraints and logistics.
* Development of effective working relationships with the supply chain and promotion of the supply chain strategy.
The ideal candidate will also be able to display the following:
* Proven experience of working in a construction orientated procurement department as well as a successful track record of construction materials and plant procurement.
* A sound construction, technical and manufactures product knowledge.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Strong negotiation skills and the ability to be assertive.
Then successful candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good eye for details and the confidence to deal with all levels of the Business.
To be considered for this role please contact Andrew McCorgray on (Apply online only) .
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however...we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence