|Job Ref:||204789713||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£0 - £50000/annum Car Allowance, Pension and Healthcare||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
M & E PROJECT MANAGER - WEST MIDLANDS - £50,000 + PACKAGE|
Edge Careers are recruiting a M & E Project Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to join a privately owned contractor based in the Midlands to manage the delivery of new build (M&E) based projects across the Commercial, Education and Retail Sectors.
My client's currently enjoy a turnover of £2million and manage projects ranging from £10,000 up to £1million with a select client base secured on a competitive and negotiated basis. The client offices are in the Midlands and they predominantly work within an hour's travel of their office location, however they do go further afield on occasion for a repeat business client.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that work is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the required quality. To manage large sections of a project with regard to both the construction and financial aspects or to manage all aspects of a contract of small value (This will include safety, budget preparation, cost monitoring, quality procedures, sub-contractor control, material procurement and the training and welfare of all the staff and workforce on the contract). Liaise with employer's representatives.
The ideal candidate must have:
* Track record of success in supporting a small business contract, Business Unit or region and/or providing support to a professional function
* In excess of 3 years managerial and/or senior technical experience - ideally APM/P2/MSP qualified
* Thorough understanding of M&E works and in-depth knowledge of the construction process
* Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the scoping/design phase of a project
* Comfortable managing multiple projects, across a varied pipeline of works up to £1m in value p.a
* Will be an effective communicator and have experience in negotiating, both internally and externally with customers
* Already hold, or be prepared to achieve SMTS/IOSH/NEBOSH accreditation
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Fabio Barreto at Edge Careers