|Job Ref:||204789536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Job Title: Fire Protection Contracts Supervisor (Working Supervisor) Reporting to: The Relevant Contracts Manager|
Department: Passive Fire Protection / Construction / Contracts Location: NATIONAL - Project Dependent
Direct Reports / Managerial Responsibility: All Sub Contractors/All site technicians and trades in relation to passive fire protection works. Joiners, Fire Stopping Engineers, Painters & Decorators etc. Salary Band: £25-28k (Depending on skills, qualifications and experience)
Bonus Scheme: Managers discretion - performance and project delivery based
Pay Cycle: Monthly 25th each month
To provide day to day operational on-site support to the Contract Managers. To oversee/supervise all site operatives and their work ensuring they are fully compliant and to the specification. Ensure project deadlines and budgets are met by managing the day to day operations on-site. Reporting back to the Contract Managers if there are any issues or concerns. Visiting sites to conduct surveys in order to produce quotations or provide additional information where required to the estimating / contracts team. Responsible for ensuring that work is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the required quality. Must have a background in either Joinery or Passive Fire Protection (both would be ideal) as this is a hands on role.
1. Understand and define project scope, goals and deliverables to ensure the project is delivered within budget and program
2. Effectively communicate project expectations to other team members and clients in a timely and clear fashion
3. Visit client sites to carry out surveys and gather information for estimating when the situation arises.
4. Maintain good working relationships with clients and site operatives
5. Manage multisite contracts across the country
6. Ensure projects have continual material supplies and correct levels of labour / sub-contractor labour to be able to perform within program and agreed budgets
7. Check all hours and timesheets before signing off for payment
8. Ensure all passive fire protection projects are completed in line with specification, compliance and relevant standards
9. Ensure site health and safety requirements are followed / deliver tool box talks / RAMS
10. Provide guidance on passive fire protection details to all members of team
11. Work closely with the relevant Contracts Managers ensuring regular updates are provided
12. Reading fire risk assessments, fire audits, fire strategies and implementing designs on the action plans.
13. To produce and keep project files and data up to date (photos, invoices, delivery notes, instructions, sign off's, progress reports, inspection reports etc.)
14. Be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to the appropriate person/persons when and where required for project completion.
1. CRB / DBS - Cleared / Full Driving License
2. Must hold a current CSCS Card, SSSTS & NVQ Levels 2 & 3 In Passive Fire Protection (training can be offered if other skills are relevant)
3. Knowledge of all passive fire protection applications including time taken to install, current market value and products.
4. Ideally have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
5. Knowledge of fire risk assessments/building regulations/British Standards/Health and Safety Regulations and all current legislation
6. Knowledge of how to run a project from initial enquiry to practical completion
7. Knowledge of the procedures involved from initial enquiry to practical completion.
8. Computer literate in software such as Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word and Power point. (Fulcrum, Office 365 & Bolster an advantage)
9. Must hold the ability to identifying and Solve issues / problems quickly, cost effectively and in a professional manner.
10. Must be able to work on own initiative and make decisions weighing up costs and potential risk
11. Clear confident communicator at all levels
12. Must be commercially aware and client focused
13. Good organizational skills / able to manage own workload
14. Able to take ownership of projects and set goals as well as standards for the site workforce
15. Must be confident in supervising site teams from all aspects such as work quality, monitoring timesheets and conducting appraisals with the Contracts Managers
16. Be able to read and interpret construction &/or layout drawings