|Job Ref:||204789227||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gatwick||Address:||Post Code:||RH6||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum plus package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Our Client is a leading contractor in the UK in delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK's transport infrastructure. They have unrivalled expertise based not only on their long history, but also on the strength they derive from being part of a world-leading International Group. The Group has access to innovative new products, processes and ideas offering their services within Highways, Airports, Surface Treatments, Construction Projects as well as a variety of environmental projects across the UK and Internationally.
They are now seeking to engage a Bid Manager to work out of their West Sussex Head Office, to work within their Major Projects Division. The position will report into the Major Projects Director and requires someone to take full responsibility for the management and completion of PQQ and Bid quality submissions from identification through to contract award across highways capabilities.
• Accountable to the Head of Business Development for management of specific bids end to end
• Quality of the submitted bids and all internal reviews and sign-offs
• Compliance to company Tender Policies and Procedures and bidding approvals Liaison with internal stakeholders across the business including Business Managers
• Liaison with external stakeholders including client's procurement team, partners and suppliers
• Gathering and maintaining best practice knowledge of business capabilities
• Line management responsibility for the Bid Developers
• Take responsibility for managing the entire quality submission
• Line management of the Bid Developers
• Project Management of the bid development process including preparation of Start Up Meetings / Gantt Charts / Time Lines and allocation forms for each bid and using them to track bid development to meet internal / client deadlines.
• Work with the wider Bid team to ensure all bid compliance requirements are met and are fully auditable and compliant with business directives.
• Analyse PQQ / ITT documentation to identify requirements and ensure a compliant bid is submitted
• Ensure legal & commercial review of contract condition and incorporation of qualifications within response
• Work with the Business Development Manager (BDM) to ensure that all appropriate Risk Reviews and Registers are developed during the Bid programme
• Working with the BDMs and Key Account Managers to develop a strategic understanding of the client's needs, identifying win themes and ensuring they are fully articulated within the tender responses
• Ensure that all necessary meetings and workshops are in place to support the bidding opportunity
• Research and write bid responses including executive summaries
• Research and write case studies and company capability documents
• Take responsibility for allocating question responses to Business Writers and opportunity SME's (Subject Matter Experts) and ensure they take responsibility for question responses, quality and deadlines.
• Ensure quality of bid submissions for which you are responsible by arranging peer / red line review processes - and taking an active role in these
• Liaison with BDMs and Key Account Managers, Operational Leads, Commercial Managers, Estimators during bid stages
• Manage regional bids as required, sometimes working out of regional offices
• Support the wider Business Development function in tendering and marketing activity as required
• Maintain internal relationships with other departments and understand their capabilities for communicating in bids
• Ensure Knowledge System is up to date including Knowledge Data base / SME lists / data sheets and Company / contract information / contract and project references / capability documents
• Hold an appropriate qualification such as degree level education or equivalent
• Supervisory experience is desirable
• Experience of managing all stages of the bidding process desirable
• Outstanding research and writing skills
• Good eye for detail and the quality of documents
• Good appreciation of graphic design and presentation material / submissions
• Good presentation skills and ability to represent the company during client visits
• Good knowledge of the highways / civils / construction industry
• Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office suite, including MS Project
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work flexibly including travel to other offices, possibly for fixed periods of time
• Good knowledge of commercial and contracting models
• Project management experience desirable
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the South East, will provide an exceptional salary package, along with longevity of work given the company's commitment to continued growth and the recently awarded contracts / frameworks.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality