|Job Ref:||204789037||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Royston||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Building Services Manager - Royston, Hertfordshire |
Salary: £Negotiable, depending on experience.
WPR are currently recruiting for a Building Services Manager in Royston, Hertfordshire for a contractor that thrives on large projects within the construction industry. We are looking for someone well organised, an excellent communicator, has the ability to work to tight deadlines and rise to challenges when called upon.
Our client has been in business for 50 years, and going from strength to strength. Their success is mainly due to their determination and ability to expand and diversify. Due to increasing workload they are in need of a Building Services Manager to join their Building Division and be based out of their Royston office covering projects in the greater London area.
You will report to the Senior Building Services Manager and will be involved in projects from tender through to completion and the analysis of sub contract tenders for compliance, recommending a selection following interview. Also you will be responsible for the quality, programme and commercial management of projects through to handover.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
* Managing MEP projects typically in the range of £3m - £8m.
* Working with Design Managers to ensure the M&E is fully coordinated with the overall design.
* Attending meetings with the Client, designers and other professionals and maintain good relationships to enhance value.
* Review performance of M&E sub contractors.
* Assisting the site manager with the resolution of site defects as required.
* Attending meeting and carrying out inspections as required.
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
* Qualifications in related discipline such as Electrical or Mechanical engineering (Degree, HND, HNC etc)
* Experience in a similar role within the construction industry.
* Knowledge of the latest building regulations.
* Valid site CSCS card.
You will also have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and have a very positive and flexible attitude.
If you feel this Building Services Manager role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client