|Job Ref:||204789355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Shore recruitment are working with a Poole based client who are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to oversee and manage the project specific commercial aspects of the business, from sales via the estimating department, management of on-going contracts, through to monthly project revenues and final project close. Ensuring we have procedures in place to enable project delivery to a commercial success.|
Key Responsibilities & Accountability:
The below sets out what is required of the above position. It is your sole responsibility to lead in delivering the below items, with the support of the Senior Management Team: The following is indicative only and by no means exhaustive:
- To plan, develop and implement the strategy for the Commercial Department ensuring it is aligned with the overall strategic aims of the business.
- To lead and manage the business`s commercial department, including development and implementation of documentation, procedures and processes and ensuring that all current legislation and regulations related to our works and products are adopted and embedded into the business.
- To ensure the business provides a comprehensive commercial service, including all price requests being managed correctly in line with agreed procedures, on time, compliant to the customers` requirements and commercially in line with the business budgets.
- Working alongside the sales team, plan and programme work levels to ensure annual targets are delivered in line with the productivity capabilities of the site operations.
- Manage the commercial transition of all new contracts from estimate to order stage along with collating, issuing and raising the required paperwork to ensure all team members have a clear picture of what is expected and what the client has bought from us
- To oversee the successful closure of contract final accounts along with developing a system of contract reconciliation to assess its commercial success, lead updates and reviews with the project teams on contract issues and implement systems of improvement moving forward.
- To ensure that all quality issues under your departments control are managed and resolved in a timely manner and that all opportunities for continuous improvement are explored, developed and implemented to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and improve profitability.
- To develop, monitor, achieve and report on Key Performance Indicators for your department.
- To manage all staff reporting to the position and to ensure that the team as a whole is effectively and properly recruited, trained, developed, evaluated, motivated, delegated to and monitored to ensure proper performance of their duties
- To liaise and communicate effectively with directors and other senior managers to ensure they are informed about your team`s activities, for the benefit of our customers and the organisation as a whole.
- Be responsible for departmental financial budgeting and control of allocated budgets.
- Deliver the responsibility set out for members of the senior management team.
- To be responsible for the creation and achievement of your own personal development plan with the support and agreement of the Managing Director.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years` experience in similar commercial role (Quantity Surveyor or Estimator)
- Ability to successfully develop and run the day to day management of departmental teams.
- Extensive product knowledge related to the core activities of the business.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- On overview of construction industry contract law.
- Ability to be able to read, analyse and interpret contract documents.
- Strong organisational skills including project related paperwork and time management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, telephone and face to face.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collate data, establish facts and propose and implement solutions.
- Profit & Loss understanding and responsibility including managing budgets.
- Required ability in Microsoft Office.
- Discipline and grievance handling skills.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Performance management skills, including appraisals.
- Related HNC / Degree Qualification
- Relevant CSCS - Certification
If you feel you have the necessary skills please forward you CV to Marissa at Shore Recruitment