|Job Ref:||204789326||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
About the role
Capita Property & Infrastructure is currently looking to recruit a Bid Manager to drive bids within our London Building Consultancy business. This role will see you working on a real range of bids across both private and public sector clients, including Property Management, Asset Management, Commercial Development, and other sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the Capita Property & Infrastructure business, and be based in the heart of central London.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
* The creation of successful well written bid responses
* Engagement at all levels to ensure successful outputs as part of a bid programme
* Management of complex bid programmes
* Implementation (and refinement) of Capita best practice bid processes;
* Developing, resourcing and managing the bid programme for all bids undertaken ensuring that all inputs and outputs are completed;
* Working with the nominated Bid Director/Sales Lead for each opportunity to plan, manage coordinate each bid including:
* Qualification of bid opportunities establishing whether Capita has the capability to win;
* Ensure opportunities are managed in compliance with the established bid management procedures;
* Assisting with the management of the bid governance and approval processes;
* Assessment and management of risks to ensure that they are addressed / managed within the bid strategy;
* Resource planning with the BD Director to ensure the right technical team is involved in the delivery of the bid
* Management of bid costs including forecasting and tracking
* Planning the bid programme, organising and attending meetings as necessary;
* Identification of critical success factors and development of the bid strategy / winning themes / action plan with the Bid Director and the wider bid team;
* Key contact for the client's procurement team, managing clarifications and actions;
Your experience will include:
* Extensive professional experience within a consultancy environment
* Previous experience using InDesign
* Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
* Demonstrable knowledge of the property sector
* Strong organisational and project management skills;
* Relevant experience in sales and bid management;
* Understanding of the financial, risk, legal and contractual aspects of tendering;
* Exceptional and strong communications skills - ability to engage colleagues and senior staff in the bid team and others;
* Able to translate strategy in deliverable actions plans - and to monitor progress;
* Attention to detail, strong implementer and finisher of tasks;
* Experience working on medium large scale property bids within the Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier and Education sectors is desirable
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us