|Job Ref:||204789036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:08|
Social Impact Manager|
Kier Construction Southern is looking to appoint a Social Impact Manager. The Social Impact Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Social Value and Corporate & Social Responsibility (CSR) activities creating tangible evidence associated with project delivery. They will be available and visible to teams as a Social Value (SV) champion and be able to advise on specific Social Value and community issues. Manage, coordinate and deliver on Employment and Skills plans requirements and commitments.
* Support in preparation of Hub Social Impact plans
* Collation and reporting of Social Impact performance indicators
* Support in preparation of Project process plan documentation
* Coordinate delivery of Employment and skills plan in line with project targets
* Monitor and report on training activity and achievement in line with KPIs
* Manage planned customer communications
* Respond to queries from staff and customers concerning projects and Social Value activities
* Maintain links with local stake holders
* Arrange and manage Social Impact engagement activities
* Coordinate liaison with supply chain partners/ social enterprise and third sector organisations
* Respond to complaints from customers, resolving directly with customers in accordance with the complaints process.
* Completion of case studies, project value reports in relation to SCAPE minor works framework
* Coordination with central teams of activities and case studies for press and marketing purpose
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* HNC or equivalent
* Ability to work and communicate at all levels in a way that encourages two-way communication. Comfortable with both groups and individuals.
* Adopts an organized and systematic approach to work and incorporates flexibility to respond to changes in tasking.
* Manages multiple tasks.
* Takes ownership of and resolves straightforward problems quickly and effectively.
* Builds alliances inside and outside the business to meet strategic objectives.
* Proactively builds good relationships with customers and reviews service levels to meet and exceed expectations.
* Experience of preparing and managing projects.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer