|Job Ref:||204788163||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
Graduate Building Services Co-ordinator (Woking)|
We have an opening for a Graduate Building Services co-ordinator to support the Building Services (Construction) team in Woking.
This full time permanent job is based in Surrey. As a Graduate Building Services Co-ordinator, you will be involved in Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) projects from tender through to completion and will be required to analyse the sub contract tenders for compliance and completeness and recommend selection following interview.
The company's award winning in-house training incorporates agreements with professional bodies and it provides the framework for staff to receive the support they need to achieve chartered status. As a graduate, you can expect input from an experienced mentor as you work within the programme toward a professional qualification appropriate to your chosen career path.
Some of your duties will include the following -
* Working with Building Services Manager and the design team to ensure the M&E is fully coordinated with the overall design.
You will develop skills in the following areas:
* Commenting on Technical Submittals.
* Ensuring that the coordinated drawings are timely completed.
* Reviewing progress of the services element of the project.
* Reviewing and commenting on O&M manuals.
* Carrying out design risk analysis, where required, relating to mechanical and electrical content.
* Sharing best practice and driving continuous improvement
* Providing technical support during the construction processes
* Attending presentation/ interviews as requested
* Attending meetings with Client, designers and other professionals and maintain good relationships to enhance value
* Reviewing performance and utilisation of sub-contractors
* Provide technical support in VE exercises
* Attending the handover meeting and pass the M&E file to the construction teams and surveyors
* Assisting the Building Services Manager with the review on the performance of the M&E sub-contractors to assess their suitability to remain on the supply chain register, in terms of programme, quality and safety
* Ensuring resource is provided to interrogate the commissioning process and compliance of as-built and maintenance manuals
* Assisting the Site Manager with the resolution of defects as required
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Self-starter able to work within a team.
* Sound knowledge of latest building regulations
* Relevant qualification in either a Mechanical or Electrical discipline (Degree / HND / HNC etc)
* Excellent communication skills
* An appropriate and valid CSCS card
If you feel this 'Graduate Building Services co-ordinator ' role is something you would like to be considered for, please apply via the button shown, or contact Stephen directly on NA or
Please be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client