|Job Ref:||204788181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
Senior Buyer - Hoddesdon |
Edge Careers' client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to their clients.
As Senior Buyer you will:
* Establish, maintain and improve the control and effectiveness of the buying function in line with Company policy and Business objectives.
* Send out tender sub-contract and materials enquiries for assessment and use by Estimator/ Site Management team. Manage the return of timely quotations, arrange and head up mid tender Supplier meetings, analyse responses and recommend suitable Companies for inclusion into our tender submissions
* At Contract stage, working with the Site Management team, review Procurement strategy, agree targets, assess the necessity for additional enquiries, analyse Supplier and Sub-Contract quotes, lead negotiations and close deals. Emphasis on Quality, Programme and price.
* Generally, liaise with site management on both sub-contract and materials procurement and agree critical programme dates within a procurement schedule.
* Attend meetings at office or site locations as necessary. To keep up to date with business objectives and internal policy.
To be Successful in your application you will:
* Have a minimum 15 years experience in the Construction industry with 10 years in Procurement. Fully conversant with the sub-markets in Construction sector in particular Civils and Rail.
* Be computer literate and able to work with usual IT packages plus bespoke database and document storage packages.
* Knowledge of common use sub-contract documents including FCEC, DOM, ECC and GC works I.
* Extensive knowledge of trades and materials in Civil Engineering and Rail sectors
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers