|Job Ref:||204787286||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||BR5 3QA||Address:||Salary:||£10.76/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
My Client is a large building maintenance contractor which provide facilities, property and energy management to a wide range of public and private sector businesses.|
At present they require a Gas Planner to join the team based in Orpington on a temporary - on going contract.
The objectives and responsibilities is to ensure all repairs and maintenance work control is processed whilst working closely with the Call Centre and operational Team for the effective and efficient use of planning and scheduling all resources, completing the maintenance activities which will result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity.
Main duties will be:
- To review works orders for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic priority timescales and discuss with the originator of the works order.
- To prioritise, plan and schedule all repairs and maintenance work via generated order.
- To be proactive and optimise workforce productivity and minimise downtime of operatives.
- Assist in the preparation of precise specifications and schedule of works to maximise efficiency, ensuring contractual, regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Approach all aspects of the work being carried out with safety as the highest priority.
- Manage the status of the work control through to completion; including Client Liaison to co-ordinate and resolve Client specific issues.
- To ensure quality and productivity are always at the highest possible levels.
- Work closely with Technical Supervisors to determine resource availability and productivity.
- Actively participate in scheduling meetings with operational teams to finalise priority of works orders, optimum downtime and necessary lead times.
- Finalise the maintenance resource schedule and communicate schedule to all resources and operational team.
- Issue scheduled works orders to operatives and technical supervisors.
- Manage any backlog of works orders effectively.
- Fully utilise IT & communication systems as well as MS Office to undertake tasks to the highest standards
- Continuously improve the planning and scheduling of works orders by receiving feedback from Operational Team.
- Keep accurate records of the performance of scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Operational Team.
- To build and promote good working relationships with your colleagues and the company's clients and suppliers.
- Ensure all administration functions are accurate and up to date.
- Induct all employees into the team ensuring that you adhere to the policies and procedures.
Suitable candidates must have previous Gas planning experience and be highly computer literate. You will also come from a background in repairs and reactive maintenance and be available immediately.
On going role for suitable candidates