|Job Ref:||204786929||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
Occupational Hygienist - Hertfordshire|
We are looking for an Occupational Hygienist to join the Skanska UK Occupational Health & Wellbeing department.
This is a new appointment into the Skanska UK Occupational Health & Wellbeing department and is a continuation of our growth strategy for 2020. We see this role enhancing the current structure to assist us in designing out health risk in existing and new projects and to enhance employee health throughout the business, ultimately up skilling the business.
The role is substantively based at the Maple Cross office however the role will support all Skanska Operating Units (OU) across the UK, there will be travel (25%) to other locations to meet OU customers, attend OU related & Occupational Health (OH) team meetings as required.
* Eliminate or significantly reduce risk by making organisational changes and selecting and designing relevant facilities considering all options of control, such as ventilation, containment and personal protective equipment and finding cost-effective solutions
* Undertake surveys and evaluate risks to health in the workplace;
* Accurately measure and sample levels of exposure, often through precise use of specialist equipment; record facts or details of procedures in the workplace; compile data, write reports and present findings to clients
* Provide and deliver a schedule of training for internal teams so that we can grow our knowledge and skills to reduce health hazards and risk more widely;
* Contribute to maintaining our company and occupational health management system and governance requirements such as SEQOHS and audit
* Provide expert witness service
We're looking for
* Someone with broad occupational hygienist experience, ideally within the construction industry
* Recognized Occupational Hygiene qualification (min of CMFOH)
* Experience of working with multisite/project environment
* This role requires some national travel, so you need to have a current driving license
Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality in healthcare, custodial, defence, and education. Our award-winning projects include Bath Spa University and Barts and the Royal London Hospitals. With such diverse work on our books, you'll be involved in some of the UK's most important development projects.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA