|Job Ref:||204786794||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
Exciting monitoring opportunity in the financial sector|
About the role
Capita Property & Infrastructure's Forensic and International Division has an exciting career opportunity for Monitoring Surveyors at all levels to work and develop their career in the very well respected and dynamic Development Monitoring team. The successful candidate will be working on projects ranging from multiple complex small projects through to large new build projects with each commission having its own unique challenges.
The development monitoring team is a small dedicated team that specialises solely in working for Banks and financial institutions. We are on the national monitoring panel of the following four main banks:
Royal Bank of Scotland/NatWest/Coutts
The team also works for a number of secondary lenders and other financial institutions. The London team also has the responsibility for managing the national offering that we provide from a number of our regional offices.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
* You will be responsible for the day to day service delivery ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
* You will be required to assist in business development, bid writing and winning work utilizing market knowledge to facilitate growth.
* Being part of a team of cost managers you will be responsible for the quality and efficient delivery of a number of projects in various sectors.
* Makes contribution to the Company at senior level, which can be recognized in terms of profitability in own area of work.
* Ensures all team members understand the contribution they are able to make to profitability and organizational success.
* Takes an active and positive role at all internal and external meetings and discussions.
* Actively pursues (jointly with others if necessary) all potential business leads and keeps Associate (Team Leader) and Director (Account Managers / Sector Leaders) informed.
* Encourages other team members to recognise and follow up potential business opportunities.
* Operates the Company's current "Client Care" policy and ensures all team members are familiar with it and are putting it into practice.
* Determines the cost and resource targets for each project in consultation with Director such that required profitability levels are met
* Communicates cost and resource targets to the relevant project team members at the beginning and during the life of the project.
* Controls and manages own time to ensure all project and management responsibilities are fulfilled.
Your experience will include:
* Extensive Consultancy Practise or Main Contractor Experience
* Ideally, prior development monitoring experience
* Degree qualified - preferably construction related
* Full membership of the RICS
* Driving licence
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us