|Job Ref:||204786630||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
An international construction and property consultant is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their multi discipline consultancy practice in Birmingham and work on some of the most exciting projects across the globe.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have the unique opportunity to manage a thriving quantity surveying team in a vibrant atmosphere and work on renowned projects around the globe.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will work with a diverse range of respected clients and face real technical challenge, carrying large projects and providing a high level of client interface.
Day to day role will include:
* Manage the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity
* Preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement
* Carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level.
* Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties
* Reviews main contractors and subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
* Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have/be:
* 10+ years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor/ PQS
* Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
* Track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
* Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions
This is an opportunity to work and manage your own projects for a leading consultancy.
* Private medical care
* Contributory pension scheme
* Holiday allowance + buy and sell option
* Childcare vouchers
* Share incentive plan
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Birmingham, looking at your career options, then please contact Daniel Foster at Brandon James.
(Apply online only)
Birmingham / MRICS / Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity surveyor / Cost Management / Cost Consultant / Quantity Surveyor / Construction Cost Consultant / Chartered Quantity Surveyor / PQS