|Job Ref:||204786517||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||mk41 0lf||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:09|
We are a rapidly expanding Company and it is essential that you possess the potential to expand with us. Excellent career opportunities are available to the outstanding individual that can demonstrate enthusiasm, self motivation and the personality to drive the business forward. To find out more about us visit our website.|
Due to this expansion we currently have a vacancy for a Timber Technical Manager to be based at our Bedford Head Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a growing company and become part of our success.
Some of the areas of responsibility for the Timber Technical Manager will include:
• Management, control of the Assistant Technical Manager and National Installation Trainer and the scheduling of related Tasks
• Actively managing and contributing constructive ideas for the development of new products with the design team
• Reviewing and approving new product designs
• Contributing suggestions and ideas for improvement of products
• Assisting and gathering technical data and information for instruction manuals to ensure the efficient and timely erection of new products
• Analysing timber building structures to identify potential stresses to eliminate problems before they arise and make recommendations to restructure or change designs
• Correcting any product deficiencies that have already been launched by negotiating modifications with the design team or Senior Management team.
• Liaising, overseeing and working with the product development team
• Assessing the success or risks involved in new projects
• Ensuring that high quality and accurate information is issued to all necessary parties regarding Technical issues
• Dealing skilfully with a diverse range of people including, customers, managers and possibly county court judges
• Providing expert advice and solutions where serious complaints arise
• Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design product development problems
• Overseeing and Managing the work undertaken by the National Training manager
• Ensuring quality workmanship of the installation of products
• Monitoring and calculating time allocated for product installation
• Compilation of weekly reports, costings and statisitcs
• Carry out all other requests from management on an adhoc or regular basis as required.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter telling us why you are the person for us, along with your CV to the Recruitment department or by post to Dunster House Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF