|Job Ref:||204786259||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£21700/annum Including Flexibility Allowance||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
Our client is urgently looking to recruit a Workshop Joinery Operative on a potential temp to perm basis, based at Stanley Ferry Workshop in Wakefield.|
The purpose of the role will be to undertake the manufacture, refurbishment or repair of lock gates and associated equipment, working efficiently to defined standards. Meet orders in a timely manner contributing to the successful delivery of the general works programme.
This is exciting and very interesting work to be involved in as we maintain and restore our historic and valued 200 year old assets!
It is very specific work â€" huge timbers, lifting equipment & specialist machinery, focus is on lock gate work. Full Training to be provided.
The Key Responsibilities will include:
* Operate a variety of machinery, plant, tools and other equipment in accordance with Our Client's safety standards and where appropriate support in-house maintenance.
* Undertake general housekeeping of personal equipment, workshop equipment and work space ensuring all are maintained to defined standards.
* Timely response to customer's queries and requirements, including responding to emergencies.
* Ensure all equipment (PPE, plant, materials etc) is appropriate for the task.
* Assist with the measurement of locks and lock gates in order to identify correct lock gate measurements for manufacture.
* Understand and interpret technical drawings to translate into production
The successful candidate will have a :
* Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification eg City & Guilds Level II, NVQ Level II in Joinery, Carpentry or Welding.
* Relevant licence for use of plant/equipment in group A eg chainsaw, hand power tools, fork lift truck.
* Experience of working within relevant discipline eg Joinery, Carpentry, Metalworking, Welding & Fabrication.
* Experience of reading technical drawings.
* Relevant valid CAATs competency for use of appropriate plant/tools and equipment.
The role is available immediately, initially on a contract basis but transferring to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The salary for the role is £18k + 20.73% Flexibility Allowance, it is working within a team of 14 individuals within the workshop environment, helping to deliver the lock gate improvement