|Job Ref:||204786138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum penison + bonus||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
As a member of the Technical Department, you will ideally be a Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with experience of precast concrete design.|
The role is involved with the design of a wide range of precast concrete products, generally associated with civil engineering projects, but also involved with prestressed concrete and modular building systems. The team includes Engineers and Technicians, and activities are based around specific projects or standard product ranges. The Technical Department engages with all divisions of the company, providing technical and structural input in support of existing products and new product development.
• Production of structural designs associated with precast concrete products.
• Liaising With Internal and External Clients, Contractors and Consultants.
• Supervision of Engineers and CAD Technicians
• Ensuring work output conforms to specifications and Standard/Code requirements
• Providing design office support to production departments
• Assist with drawing queries from estimating & commercial staff on technical matters regarding product use and manufacture
• Managing the design function and external liaison on specific projects and maintaining project records
• Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
• Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives
This role requires you to be a highly motivated, self-confident, have excellent communications skills, flexibility and adaptability, with the drive and ability to work under their own direction or within a small team of professionals. Be keen to develop their individual capability and that of the team. Lead by example, in terms of behaviour.
KNOWLEDGE, & QUALIFICATIONS:
• HNC, HND/BEng, BSc or similar level qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Significant experience of Design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete
• Experience of reinforced concrete design in a civil engineering environment
• Minimum 4 years relevant work experience
• Good time management skills, with ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
• Knowledge of Eurocodes
• Experience in AutoCAD
• Mentoring of less experienced engineers
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Hold a valid driving license
• Previous experience of working in Precast Concrete manufacturing environment
• Design of structures in prestressed and/or precast concrete
• Knowledge of Civil Engineering products (eg Drainage pipes/manhole/shafts/cover slabs)
• Knowledge of Structural Analysis and modelling packages, eg SCIA, Tekla, Revit
• Corporate membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers