|Job Ref:||204785958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
As a Building Services Manager, you will be involved in projects from tender through to completion and will be required to analyse the sub contract tenders for compliance and completeness and recommend selection following interview. Responsible for quality, programme and commercial management of projects through to Handover.|
Reporting to: Senior Building Services Manager / Senior Contract Managers, you will carry out the following:
• Working with Design Managers and the design team to ensure the M&E is fully coordinated with the overall design.
You will develop skills in the following areas:
• Commenting on Technical Submittals.
• Ensuring that the coordinated drawings are timely completed.
• Reviewing progress of the services element of the project.
• Reviewing and commenting on O&M manuals.
• Carrying out design risk analysis, where required, relating to mechanical and electrical content.
• Sharing best practice and driving continuous improvement
• Providing technical support during the construction processes
• Attending presentation/ interviews as requested
• Attending meetings with Client, designers and other professionals and maintain good relationships to enhance value
• Reviewing performance and utilisation of sub-contractors
• Provide technical support in VE exercises
• Attending the handover meeting and pass the M&E file to the construction teams and surveyors
• Review the performance of the M&E sub-contractors to assess their suitability to remain on the supply chain register, in terms of programme, quality and safety
• Ensuring resource is provided to interrogate the commissioning process and compliance of as-built and maintenance manuals
• Assisting the Site Manager with the resolution of defects as required.
• Familiar with managing MEP project values typically £3m - £8m.
• Self-starter able to work within a team.
• Sound knowledge of latest building regulations
• Relevant qualification in either a Mechanical or Electrical discipline (Degree / HND / HNC etc)
• Will be required to attend the office in weekly for meetings and also able to attend to site meetings and inspections.
• Excellent communication skills
• An appropriate and valid CSCS card