|Job Ref:||204786009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Old Kent Road||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £43000/annum Plus Full Package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
Our client, a leading main contractor within the social housing repairs and maintenance industry, are looking for a Working Electrical Qualifying Supervisor to join their team in South London.|
This is a permanent position paying up to £43k per annum and which will include a vehicle, fuel card, phone, laptop, 25 days holidays, bank holidays, etc,m from day one.
The selected candidate must have:
City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2, or
NVQ Level 3 Including AM2, or
City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, or (from Sept 2011)
City and Guilds 2357 Including AM2
City and Guilds 2392 - Fundamental Certification, Inspection and Testing,
City and Guilds 2391 (or to have shown competence in the area of Inspection & Testing electrical installations, in accordance with Guidance Note 3 of the IET and have a good knowledge of a variety of electrical installation work. Or to have been assessed by such persons as the NICEIC for the role of Qualifying Supervisor) or
City and Guilds 2394 -Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
City and Guilds 2395 - Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
City and Guilds 2382-10/12 or 2382-20 (17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations, preferably the C&G2382/12 or show clear understanding of the latest Amendments)
City and Guilds 2399 (Environmental and Renewable Technologies)
Should the role require the candidate to work on and maintain Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems or The Installation and maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems.
C&G2377 (Portable Appliance Testing) Should the role require the candidate to carry out PAT.
From April 2013. If the applicant has not held the post previously in the last 2 years of Qualifying Supervisor, they will need the additional qualification of C&G 2397 or EAL 7965
The selected candidates main duties will be:
1. Undertake routine maintenance and servicing to electrical systems and appliances to the standards required by IET (GN1,3,5,7,8 in particular)
2. Trace, diagnose and rectify faults using appropriate testing and measuring equipment, ensuring systems and appliances are left in a safe and serviceable condition.
3. Conduct / Arrange Portable Appliance Tests on all the group office equipment and owned portable appliances as and if required. Liaise with Mobile PAT operative if needed or where required conduct urgent PAT by use of issued equipment.
4. Report all faulty appliances / installations that do not comply with current regulations.
5. Replace sockets, light fittings and other electrical accessories.
6. Replacement of consumer units.
7. Rewiring of domestic properties both occupied and void
8. Install smoke alarms and extractor fans.
9. Install Shower circuits and shower units
10. Maintain communal external lighting.
11. Earthing and protective bonding of installations.
12. Erect use and dismantle access equipment.
13. Maintain and replenish vehicle impress stock. Collection and delivery of materials.
14. Be prepared to act as a mentor to trainees within the organisation and encourage a learning environment.
15. Obtain, where requested, Customer feedback on completion of works.
16. Any other duties as deemed necessary, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill of those required in the post then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
17. To supervise a team of electricians working at the branch.
18. Be registered as the Qualifying Supervisor for the branch/s and be available for annual assessments by the NICEIC as proscribed within the rules of enrolment.
19. Conduct QC of all electrical works undertaken by both in-house electricians / operatives and contractors as proscribed.
20. Verification of all inspection and test results, whether the inspection & testing certificates / reports are paper based or electronic created by employees.
21. Ensure the Plant & Equipment DB is kept up to date with details of all electrical test equipment issued and in use by the electricians under the supervision of the QS. Including the equipment issued to any 'Maintenance Operatives'.
22. Ensure that Test Equipment / Digital Pens and Safety Equipment is in good order and regularly inspected.
23. Be available for any audit conducted by Compliance / SHEQ / NICEIC.
24. Conduct as requested 'Competence' assessments as required by Compliance.
25. Be the first point of contact for any electrical issues, either raised by the client or the electricians on site.
26. Be able to deliver regular TBT's to electricians and any other staff of an electrical bias.
This is an immediate requirement with a view to interviewing as soon as possible