|Job Ref:||204785494||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
We are seeking a Site Manager to manage commercial contracts in London. This is a full time site-based role, beginning on a month-long freelance basis with an offer of permanent work following a successful trial.|
Your first project will be the construction of a basement, a steel frame construction and the full suite of interior works in Kentish Town, North London.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, hands-on, and an excellent problem solver.
This is an opportunity that will suit a professional looking to further their career within a forward-thinking company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Management of all aspects of Health & Safety and Quality on site, ensuring compliance with Company Safety Management and Quality Management Systems.
- Ensure any temporary works have the necessary design and are installed in accordance with the design.
- Produce 2-week look ahead programmes for managers, operatives and sub-contractors working under you to ensure that the construction programme is achieved.
- Ensure all operatives have signed a daily safe start, are inducted, have the relevant permit for their works, receive weekly tool box talks and are working to the appropriate risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure the works are planned out in a logical manner paying particular attention to materials storage, deliveries, plant and traffic movements, craneage and any other site logistics.
- Management of plant to ensure it is ordered in advance, used efficiently, tracked while on site and off-hired when no longer required.
- Manage labour resources and ensure these do not exceed the labour forecast for the project.
- Ensure all materials are taken off, ordered and delivered to site in advance of any works and in line with the construction programme.
- Ensure all managers/engineers and sub-contractors are working to the latest construction issue information register.
- Ensure that all setting out is done in good time and its accuracy is checked.
- Hold weekly (as a minimum) production / progress meetings with the site team and subcontractors and report to the project manager on progress of works against programme.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years' experience working in the industry.
- Preferably have an engineering background with experience in RC / Steel Frame structures and basement construction.
- Previous experience on Commercial & Residential beneficial.
- Commercial awareness, understanding and ability to meet targets whilst retaining relationships and company values.
- Managing client expectations to ensure new and existing relationships are developed and maintained.
- Have the ability to drive the project forward & bring the project in on schedule and within budget.
- Be highly organised & motivated with good attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator & team player.
- Proven ability to meet targets & get the best out of those working under their management.
- Possess good computer skills. Word, Excel & Microsoft Project experience essential
- Ability to read and communicate drawings and technical details