|Job Ref:||204785428||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Car Allowance & package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
Our client - Your New Business:|
An exciting, expanding contractor based in Warrington are seeking a competent, experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team. This social housing contractor, currently turning over in excess of £30m is growing at an exciting rate, and having won additional work and secured longevity, they are aiming to reach £50m in the next 1-2 years. Built on a combination of experience and repeat business (derived from excellent standards), this contractor is on the verge of becoming a big name in the North West - and beyond.
As the Quantity Surveyor working on a variety of refurbishment, maintenance and small-to-medium new build housing projects, you will manage a small selection of this work focused between Warrington and Manchester, and ensure that value is maximised across your portfolio, supporting the business in achieving its ambitious but realistic goals.
Your duties and responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor:
* Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the client businesses and ensure reports (including board reports, CVRs and schedules) to the client and the Directors are accurate and timely
* Support the development of assistant and trainee Quantity Surveyors where appropriate, providing guidance for them to help manage and procure the subcontractor packages
* Ensure accurate forecasting of predicted spends and cash flows, and prepare CVRs, cost reports and final accounts information as appropriate, and forewarning the business of any potential issues or money-making opportunities
* Ensure submission of payment applications and work with the Commercial Manager and subcontractors to ensure payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with terms
* Work with other staff across the business and across subcontractors to help keep projects on time and to cost
Your skills and experience required:
You will be suitably qualified for a Quantity Surveyor Position (for example a degree in Quantity Surveying, or HND in construction). Experience in refurbishment, maintenance or social housing work will be an advantage, but most importantly you will show an eye for detail, an ability to handle negotiations and exhibit a driving, ambitious attitude. You'll also be a relationship-builder, able to successfully manage different personalities across site, offices, clients and subcontractors.
Salary, Remuneration & other benefits on offer:
An excellent package is on offer here, including a salary of Up to £45,000 plus a competitive package (depending on experience and your current situation). My client is willing to pay above market rate to secure the right person for the role.
Further, there will be significant opportunities to grow with the business, and develop into a senior/managing quantity surveyor relatively quickly.
Please get in touch today with George Lucking, Commercial Specialist on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) for more details on opportunities available, or apply direct below with your CV.
BCUK REF: BCUK-GLQS_BRM
If you would like to keep up to date with up and coming construction news please follow (url removed).