|Job Ref:||204785339||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£40000 - £42000/annum Car/Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:10|
A client we know extremely well, this £100m+ turnover business is a national social housing refurbishment and maintenance contractor based in Manchester, and operating across the UK. With an outstanding reputation, this business continues to build on its 50 years' experience of being one of the UK's top maintenance and refurbishment organisations... And we are inviting you to join the successful team in Leeds a newly created expansion-driven Quantity Surveyor role.
The Quantity Surveyor role
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor, you will be joining a business that is established, successful but whose ambition and drive to excel is relentless. Joining the business' decent homes initiative, you'll look after planned refurbishment and maintenance to high rise, accommodation, healthcare and residential properties and have exposure to complex, fast paced, multi-location refurbishment and maintenance projects.
Amongst other things, your key duties will be:
* Ensuring that contract values are maximised through careful and intricate management of costs, budgets, schedules and subcontractor performance
* Maintain contract reports and ensure internal and external stakeholders are kept up to date with project progress - including the raising of any potential issues
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with operational teams, site staff, directors, clients and subcontractors to ensure timely completion of projects to budget
* Procure and manage multiple subcontractor accounts as appropriate to varying construction projects
* Forecast predicted spends and variations, and prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts
* You'll also get the chance to develop assistant quantity surveyors (should you wish to do so)
Qualified with a minimum of an HNC, your strong negotiation skills, keen eye for detail and commercial astuteness will be the keys to success in this role. Pricing / estimating experience is an advantage but isn't necessary - a driven attitude and an ability to work independently or with others in the commercial and operational teams is more important... as is experience in social housing or other refurbishment environments.
An exceptional opportunity to join a market-leading construction and property business.
You can expect a salary of up to £42,000 plus a car or car allowance, and a package that includes flexible working arrangements. There will also be significant career progression opportunities on offer in this vast and ever-growing organisation.
It's busy out there - but I understand the need for discretion. For a confidential discussion about your career, this position and other Quantity Surveyor vacancies I am currently managing, please contact me: George Lucking, Commercial Specialist, on (Apply online only) or on (Apply online only). Alternatively, apply direct with your CV.
BCUK REF: BCUK-GLQS_LDS